Ingredients for 4 people
Dried figs - 6
Pecorino cheese - 100 gr
Vegetable stock - 1.5 l
Onion - 1
Butter - 50 gr
White wine - 1 Glass
Salt to taste.
Moulin de Severy Grape Raisin Vinegar - 6 Spoons
- Finely chop the onion and stew it very gently in the knob of butter until it becomes transparent. This step alone will take at least 20 minutes.
- When it is almost ready, toast the rice in a separate pan: heat it until it is shiny and hot. Add the onion and white wine to the rice.
- Let it evaporate and then add one or two ladles of hot stock and start stirring. Add more when evaporated. .
- Continue until the rice is almost completely cooked. Add salt as needed.
- After just halfway, chop the figs into peanut-sized chunks and add to the pan. .
- 3-4 minutes prior to removing the rice from the heat, pour in another ladle of broth, the pecorino cheese, 2 tablespoons of cooked wine and, with the heat off, stir until you have a creamy risotto and, as they say in Italy, "all'onda".
- Let it rest for a few minutes, then serve the risotto with dried figs, adding a spoonful of cooked wine to each plate. The risotto is served with a spoonful of dried figs.